DIY: Spice Mixes
Instructor: Jackie Mart
Class Fee: $5 Members/$7 Non-Members
If registering online, members use the promotion code: VNFMEMBER2 at checkout – your member number is required.
The food labels on most store-bought seasoning mixes are full of fillers, preservatives and other unwanted fake flavor enhancers. These ingredients include:
- Modified food starch (a thickener, often derived from GMO sources but not always)
- Sugar (sugar is one of the most addicting substances)
- Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (Trans- fat and often made from a GMO oil sources, such as cottonseed, canola or soybean)
- MSG (including “hidden” MSG under other names) hidden gluten (dangerous for those with a gluten intolerance or celiac disease)
- Natural flavorings (you never know what this actually is…)
- Silicon dioxide (to prevent caking–did you know this is in the white packets in a new show box that say, “do not eat?”)
- Spices (This sounds innocent…but what exactly are these anonymous “spices”?)
You can easily avoid all of these by making your own! This is a hands-on class (Make and Take) and I will have all the supplies you need. We will be making a Taco Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Ranch and Onion Soup Mix.
This class is limited to 8 attendees so be sure to register early to ensure a spot. 4 registration spots are available online and 4 are available at customer service. Cancellations must be made in advance on or before April 16th at 6:00 p.m. to ensure a full refund. If for some reason Valley Natural Foods cancels the class series before the start date, attendees will be issued a full refund. If inclement weather arises, the class may be rescheduled for a different date.
- April 18, 2017
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Venue: Valley Natural Foods