With the first day of school approaching, schedules fill up with school days, sports, activities and homework. Why not schedule a break night for the family once a week? These fajitas are bursting with flavor and are easy to make.
You can double for a larger batch or make just a few at a time. Serve with green salad or rice drizzled with lime and topped with cilantro.
As seen in Living Naturally August 2017: Back to School Edition
- 1 Valley Natural Foods Deli Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing
- 4 oz. Valley Natural Foods Deli Santa Fe Black Bean Salad
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 package tortillas
- Sour cream (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- 1. Shred rotisserie chicken, using two forks and place in a plastic storage bag or container with a lid.
- 2. Add the bottle of Italian dressing and the Santa Fe Black Bean Salad to the chicken. Marinate overnight (or at least one hour).
- 3. When ready to serve, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet, and sauté vegetables until slightly cooked.
- 4. Add marinated chicken to the vegetable mixture and cook an additional three minutes.
- 5. Warm tortillas by wrapping them in foil and placing them in the oven at 250˚F for 10 minutes or by placing three at a time in the microwave for 20 seconds (times may vary according to microwave oven or type of tortilla used).
- 6. Place fajita mixture on each warmed tortilla. Top with sour cream or guacamole.