This Tabbouleh has a fresh twist on a vegetarian favorite. Made with a variety of vegetables, cauliflower in place of the bulgur wheat and then tossed in a herb-lemon juice dressing it will leave you wanting more!
Traditionally, tabbouleh is a vegetarian dish made with tomatoes, parsley, mint, onion and bulgur which is then seasoned with a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- 1 lb. cauliflower, finely chopped
- ½ lb. zucchini, shredded
- ½ lb. tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- ¼ C. mint, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ C. fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ C. olive oil
- 1. In batches, pulse the chopped cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice, then pour into a large bowl.
- 2. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, mint and green onions to the mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.
- 4. Drizzle in the olive oil slowly, whisking continuously until incorporated.
- 5. Pour 3/4 of the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 6. After the mixture has chilled, drizzle the rest of the dressing onto the vegetables and toss to coat right before serving.