Try these grilled broccoli and cheese shish kabobs for your next outdoor meal. Fresh broccoli, with warm baked cheese and some red pepper flakes for extra heat. Serve as an appetizer or a vegetarian main dish.
- ¼ C. + 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ – ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes *optional
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 2 (7 oz.) packages baked cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Damp wooden skewers*
- 1. Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- 3. Add the broccoli and cheese to the bowl and toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 4. Thread a piece of baked cheese onto the prepared skewers followed by a broccoli floret and repeat pattern until skewer is full.
- 5. Repeat with the remaining baked cheese and broccoli until all of it has been placed on a skewer.
- 6. Lay skewers on the preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove and serve hot.
- 7. *Soak dry wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes before use.