S’mores season is well underway, so why not try something different this summer? Bananas grilled with peanut butter, marshmallows and chocolate topped with crunchy graham crackers and creamy ice cream.
- 3 semi-ripe, washed and unpeeled bananas
- 1/8 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- 1/2 C. chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. marshmallows
- 1/2 package graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- Ice Cream *optional
- 1. Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cut each banana in half lengthwise down the inside curve being careful not to cut through to the other side of the banana.
- 3. Open each cut to form a pocket.
- 4. Using a pastry brush, spread melted butter over the banana.
- 5. Add equal parts peanut butter, chocolate chips and marshmallows to each pocket.
- 6. Wrap in heavy duty foil and place bananas on the grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until bananas are soft and toppings are melted.
- 7. Carefully open foil packets and sprinkle each banana with crushed graham crackers, top with ice cream and enjoy!