Herbed Egg Bites are the perfect way to start your day. Egg bites can be eaten alone, or on toast, bagels or English Muffins. They can also be frozen and reheated later.
Mix it up by adding the following toppings variations:
Sweet and Savory
Classic Kids’ Favorite
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan using coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano and chives; set aside.
4. Place about 1/8 C. cheese in the bottom of each muffin cup.
5. Add any additional toppings if desired – typically 1-2 Tbsp. of toppings works well.
6. Distribute the egg mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
7. Wipe up any egg/cheese residue on the top of the muffin pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set.
9. Remove from oven and using a knife, loosen each egg muffin from the pan.
10. Serve hot.
11. To reheat from frozen: cook on low-defrost for 90 seconds, flip over, and then cook on high for 30-45 seconds. Microwave cooking times may vary.