Grilling season is upon us! Spice up your next get-together with these Jalapeño Bacon Cheddar Sliders topped with a zesty garlic aioli sauce. Turn the heat up even more by leaving the jalapeño seeds in the mixture and by using chipotle cheddar cheese in place of plain cheddar.
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1/3 C. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 large jalapeños w/ or w/o seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 dinner rolls
- 2 C. shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices
- 1. To make the garlic aioli add 3 cloves of minced garlic, mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix until well combined; cover and refrigerate until use.
- 2. Place the water, jalapeños, onion and remaining 3 cloves of garlic into a blender or food processor and puree until creamy; transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- 3. In the same large bowl, add the ground beef, cheddar cheese, bacon, cumin and salt; mix until well combined.
- 4. Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop meat mixture and form into patties.
- 5. Grill or pan fry the burgers until a safe internal temperature is reached.
- 6. To assemble sliders place lettuce on the bottom bun, add the burger, garlic aioli, tomato and top bun. Enjoy!