Use your leftover mashed potatoes combined with our Mega Omega Salmon Salad, fresh herbs and onions, and then coated with Panko breadcrumbs to make these salmon cakes. Serve alone or with your favorite sriracha mayo.
- ½ lb. Mega Omega Salmon Salad (Valley Natural Foods Deli)
- 1 1⁄2 C. left over mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 C. flour
- Salt & pepper
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 4 Tbsp. onions, minced
- 3⁄4 C. breadcrumbs (Panko works best)
- Cooking spray (or use butter mixed with oil for really crisp cakes – this increases calorie content)
- 1. In a large serving bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the bread crumbs, stir well to coat.
- 2. Form into 6 cakes.
- 3. Coat with breadcrumbs.
- 4. Fry until nicely browned on each side and heated thoroughly to 155˚F – approximately 5 minutes on each side. Serve warm.