This is the perfect meal for camping, but can also be made year round with a cast iron pan. Sautéed potatoes, onions, sausage and squash topped with cheese make this one pot dish a full flavored meal of meat and vegetables.
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 ½ lb. potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 12 oz. smoked sausage, sliced
- ½ lb. squash, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ C. shredded cheese
- 1. In a cast iron pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- 2. Add the potatoes and onions and cook for 8 minutes.
- 3. Then, gently flip the potatoes over and cook an additional 8 minutes to brown the other side of the potatoes.
- 4. Stir in the sausage and squash, and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Sprinkle cheese over the sausage and vegetables and cover with foil until cheese is melted. Enjoy!