Meatballs are some of the most versatile appetizers and are great for supplementing meatless meals. Most meatballs can be made the day ahead of time and then baked in the oven with the sauce of your choice. This recipe can also be made into slider patties and topped with an Asian-inspired coleslaw.
- ½ C. plain panko bread crumbs
- ¼ C. whole milk
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ½ C. chopped cilantro
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 C. teriyaki sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. gochujang (hot pepper paste)
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- ½ C. sliced green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl mix together the bread crumbs and milk.
- 3. Add the ground beef, cilantro, eggs, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 4. Form meat mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs.
- 5. Place meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 6. While the meatballs are baking; whisk together the teriyaki sauce, gochujang, and corn starch in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- 7. Keep stirring until sauce begins to thicken – about 8-10 minutes.
- 8. Once the meatballs have finished baking, place them in the sauce mixture and gently stir to coat the meatballs evenly.
- 9. Garnish with green onions before serving.
- 10. After meatballs and sauce are made you can place them in a crock pot on low.