This basic summer rice dish is extremely versatile. Turn up the heat by adding more red chili pepper and jalapenos or add your favorite rice and seasonal vegetables to make it your own.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 C. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 C. fresh veggies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp. orzo
- 1 C. jasmine rice
- 2 C. water
- 2 tsp. bullion (chicken, beef or vegetarian)
- 1. Melt butter and add mushrooms, veggies and seasonings. Saute lightly for two minutes.
- 2. Add orzo and saute for two more minutes. Veggies should remain crisp, not completely cooked.
- 3. Add rice, water and bullion, stirring until bullion is evenly mixed.
- 4. Cover, bring to a boil, turn to low and cook for 20 minutes.