These Tarragon Kabobs will be the perfect accompaniment to your Memorial Day weekend menu. This recipe is completely customization, simply add as many fruits, veggies or protein choices as you would like and marinade.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 red onion, quartered and layers separated
- 18 small whole mushrooms, rinsed
- 18 small cherry tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 small zucchinis, ends trimmed and cut into chunks
- 4 – 6 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 – 3 sirloin steaks, cut into chunks
- 12 – 18 pieces of shrimp
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 6 pieces of thick pastured bacon, cut into six pieces
- 2 ears of corn
- Parsley (for garnish)
- 12 metal or bamboo skewers
- 1. At least 4 hours prior to cooking, place the soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, tarragon leaves, garlic and red pepper flakes into a glass jar with a lid and shake well to mix; set aside.
- 2. Place meat and vegetables into a large glass bowl.
- 3. Pour marinade over mixture, cover and refrigerate until use.
- 4. Light charcoal or heat grill to high.
- 5. Using 12 long skewers, thread meat, vegetables and fruit, leaving a small space between each ingredient. If you run out of skewers, grill the rest of the ingredients in a vegetable basket.
- 6. Place skewers on the grill and cook 15 – 20 minutes, occasionally using tongs to turn skewers until chicken is cooked thoroughly (165 degrees internal temperature).
- 7. Serve with a traditional summer pasta salad or over a bed of fresh spinach and cooked quinoa.