This Triple Decker Chili has a unique combination of flavors, using three kinds of meat, multiple spices and chocolate! This one pot chili is perfect for your next family meal or get-together.
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 (26 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 29 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 29 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1. In a food processor, puree the beef broth, red bell pepper, garlic, onions and celery then pour mixture into a large stock pot.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients to the stock pot and stir until well mixed.
- 3. Bring chili to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- 4. Check to see if meat is cooked thoroughly.
- 5. Remove from heat and serve.
- 6. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.