This White Bean Avocado Dip can be catered to fit your tastes. Love avocados? Add more avocado. Crave garlic? Try two cloves instead of one. The possibilities really are endless. Serve with your favorite crackers and artisan breads. Pair with exotic or traditional vegetables; our favorites are celery, multi-colored carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and watermelon radishes.
- 1 – 29 oz. can cannellini beans
- 3-4 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 C. tahini
- 1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil – for better results use a high quality olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Tamari or Ume Plum Vinegar
- Place the beans into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the avocados, tahini, olive oil, and garlic, and pulse until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, sea salt, and Tamari – adding as little or as much as desired – and pulse until smooth. For a bolder flavor try adding Ume Plum Vinegar in place of the Tamari.
- Transfer dip into a serving bowl.
- Using a teaspoon-size measuring spoon make a deep swirl into the dip. If the swirl didn’t turn out as desired, stir the dip and try again.
- Once swirl is finished, drizzle olive oil over the top of the dip – the oil will find the swirl crevices and fall into place.
- Garnish with parsley, red pepper flakes, avocados, or pimentos. Serve with an assortment of crackers, bread and colorful vegetables.