When you see the Down in the Valley label on fresh beef, pork, turkey and buffalo, you know you’re bringing home the best possible meat for your family.
Farms that participate in our Fresh and Local Meat Program must meet the following verified standards:
- Humanely raised and harvested animals
- Offer animals access to clean air, sunlight and pasture, as well as 24-hour access to water
- Herds are not over-crowded
- Clean facilities
- No use of added hormones, antibiotics, fillers or dyes
- The term “Grass-Fed” means 100% Grass Fed
- Processed in a local, USDA inspected facility
More than that, when you buy Down in the Valley meats, you’re helping keep local family farms in business, keeping money in the community, and ensuring fresh, healthy and tasty food for years to come.
Visit downinthevalley.coop/freshmeat for more information on the products and farms that bear the Down in the Valley label, and find out where you can purchase these great products at your local store for dinner tonight!