- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound green top carrots, cleaned & ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 ounces honey goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, mustard, garlic and apple cider vinegar, set aside.
- Coat the carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place carrots onto a parchment-lined rimmed backing sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving dish.
- Drizzle with the honey mustard mixture and sprinkle with the goat cheese and walnuts.
- Garnish with minced greens from carrot tops or fresh parsley.
Variation: Dried blueberries, pineapples or any other dried fruit and nuts can be stirred into the mixture prior to freezing.