2018 is here. Phew. With the new year comes a new wave of motivation that we definitely welcome. The list below includes some tips for things to do with that new-year motivation to make a healthy 2018.
- Find an excuse to walk more. Even if it’s just a quick trip outside, walking has the potential to do wonders for your mental and physical health.
- Try new foods as often as possible. If there something new and intriguing in produce, give it a try it might be a new fave. Are zoodles a thing you’ve been eyeing for a while but never took the plunge, now’s the time.
- Drink more water. Consider getting a Klean Kanteen or other reusable water to cut down on waste as well as chemical exposure.
- Wake up on time to give yourself some “me” time. Less stress in the morning will help keep your productivity up throughout the day.
- Plan out quiet time. This means no scrolling on your phone right before bed. Find time to unwind and unplug it can help you get better sleep.
- Use a meal planner for grocery shopping. This can help keep meals consistently healthy.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. This is a perennial tip for a reason, take it a step further though and learn the different benefits of the different types of produce.
- Schedule a time to talk with Eileen, Valley Natural Food’s Registered Nurse on staff. These wellness consultation sessions are free. Learn more here.
- Take time for your mental health.
- Find an exercise routine that works for you and is fun! Bonus, find ways to incorporate exercise while at work with activities like seated yoga.
- Learn about the different types of tea and their different benefits. There are teas that help with digestion, stress, immunity along with many other benefits.
- Find cookbooks with healthy recipes, or create your own. Valley has a selection of cookbooks as well as other informational books in our wellness department. These recipes might just become part of your rotation.
- Make sure to eat breakfast. There’s a reason it’s called the most important meal of the day.
- Go natural with your skincare and hygiene routines. What you expose your skin to can get into your system, so it’s best to make sure it’s all safe.
- Be conscious of your eating habits. This especially includes snacking, but always remember to be kind to yourself.
- Create a place where you live that serves as a calming space. This can be a place to meditate, drink tea, read etc.
- Take a look at essential oils. There are many benefits from internal to aromatherapy.
- Attend classes to learn more about the things you love. WE just happen to offer a whole host of fabulous classes that you can find here.
And lastly, recognize that developing healthy habits take time. This infographic has some helpful tips for keeping up with habits.
Happy New Year everyone!