It’s a Super Bowl of Salsa
Garden Fresh Salsa is our STAFF PICK of the WEEK!
Valley Natural Foods is committed to providing the freshest, healthiest fare we possibly can. That’s why our garden fresh salsa is definitely worth a mention. Made almost daily on-site by produce staff, it’s as fresh as you can get! We commit to using fresh organic ingredients when they’re available including tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt—most are locally sourced throughout the summer and early fall seasons.
What’s your game day plan? If you’re craving a fresh, healthy, no-cook snack for game day, make it a super bowl of house-made garden fresh salsa from our own produce department here at Valley Natural Foods!
Garden Fresh Salsa Facts:
- At least 350 pounds of salsa (sometimes more) is produced each week at Valley Natural Foods—that means we make it almost every day!
- Eight years ago, this recipe was used only for demo purposes to help promote items in our produce department—eventually there was a growing demand for actually selling this stuff!
- Initially, produce staff chopped all ingredients by hand until they couldn’t keep up with the ever increasing demand for our salsa!
- After investing in commercial kitchen size food processing equipment, Valley Natural Foods can process about 70 pounds of fresh salsa a day!
- Chopping fresh cilantro and squeezing fresh limes is still done by hand.
- Starting with this week, we are estimating about 500 pounds of our garden fresh salsa will be sold each week, leading up to Super Bowl weekend!
- Our salsa pairs nicely with locally produced Whole Grain Milling Chips. Visit our produce department—we are sampling these items together almost every day!